Shades of Ireland

Monday, April 30, 2012

Stormy Evenings

Last night, we had some pretty dramatic thunderstorms. By morning we had gotten four inches of rain. Looks like we re getting a replay again tonight. So far, the bad stuff is still south of us. Several of the counties on the Oklahoma line are under tornado warning--- meaning that one has been spotted. Right now, we are under a sever thunderstorm warning as well as a tornado watch.

I had a very hard time sleeping last night for a variety of reasons and the storm didn't help. As a result, I was dragging pretty low all day. I even tried to take a nap but could not drop off to sleep.

There was some small hail last night and I am hoping that we dodge the bullet again tonight. Our wheat is looking magnificent and a strong hailstorm could just wipe it all out.

On a good note, the garden is looking great and I am thinking that I will be making strawberry jam by next weekend.

Since I am so tired and I still have kitchen duty to do--- I am going to cut this post short......

No comments:

Post a Comment