Shades of Ireland

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

What do I Want to be When I Grow up?

I need to making up my mind here in the near future about just what my role/goal in life is. I have to figure out how to organise my time better or let go of some of this work.

Am I going to be a major gardener/food preserver/preparer?

Just how much of a rancher-ette am I going to be? Fence fixing, brush clearing, and cattle working seriously cut into my Suzie Homemaker schedule. Frankly, I am a much better Rancher-ette than Suzie Homemaker....

How about Milk Maid as my main occupation? It takes a bit over 3 hours a day to get everybody milked and all the equipment cleaned up. On top of that, I really need to be doing something with this milk ..... Right now, I am feeding all kinds of babies, selling a gallon or two a week, force feeding my kids milk and cereal and fertilizing the pastures with it.

I keep telling myself that this chaos is just part of getting things on this new farm set up the way we want it...... I spent several months our first year here being sick. I am going to cut myself a little slack for that.
This is just part of the craziness that I impose on myself because I want everything done NOW......

Still, it is time to re-evaluate the situation and decide what is realistic and what is just too much for this time in my life.

1 comment:

  1. It seems that I am constantly re-evaluating the homestead and our goals. But that's not a bad thing. Life is all about change.

    ReplyDelete