Shades of Ireland

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Remember Ellie?

Ellie May is the very old goat that has to live in quaranteen bcause she has CAE and CL. I bought her back from a commercial dairy that decided to quit milking. Last year, when I brought her home, she was bred to a mystery buck and blessed me with triplet bucks. I decided to give her one more try to get a doe kid.


She has spent most of the winter hanging out in the garden. As you can see, she is getting pretty big. Last year it was a terrible waiting game because I did not know when she was bred. Since the kids have to removed at birth to protect them from those diseases, I had to keep a very close eye on her.
Guess what??? I know the breeding date for every doe on this farm--- except Ellie May!! Somehow, I did not get it written down.

I am on baby watch again this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment