Shades of Ireland

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Kink in the Works

It is terrible to be getting old. I am not really sure just what I did wrong yesterday but I am paying for it today. I woke up and could barely get out of bed. <sigh> I have a terrible kink in my lower back.

Seth milked Holly for me. I managed to get my shoes on to go over and supervise morning chores but I am not sure what we are going to do about evening chores. Seth leaves for work before milking time. I will just have to take it slow and easy. Holly will like that--- it means more feed for her!

I have been working on getting a calendar printed off for 2012 and put in a notebook. Recipes and menu planning, looking at some household organizing stuff (SNORT!!) You know--- all things that you do when you are looking at the New Year and making all kinds of starry eyed plans for being "organized" for this year. Usually, I start out really good for the first couple of months but peter out by the time we start on the garden.

Salena drove me over to the feed store and we stocked up for the next pay period. Hoping to get it unloaded before Seth leaves. I can remember when buying 5 bags of feed was a big deal. Today, I bought a small load of only 15 bags.......

It has dawned on me today that kidding season is rapidly coming up. Only about 45 days until the first kids-- maybe sooner if Ellie Mae is ahead of the other does. I am going to have to go back and scan the calendar to see if I remembered to write down when I put the buck in with her....... record keeping is not my strong point.

Still have not gotten my eReader figured out but Neil has been doing a little research. Maybe tonight he can show me how to get a book on there!!

I have been taking it easy all day but I do not have the luxury of doing this again tomorrow......

No comments:

Post a Comment