Shades of Ireland

Friday, March 16, 2012

Zippity Do Dah.....

For the last few days we have had glorious weather. Bright, sunny and almost too hot! The daffodils that I planted last fall are blooming and just make things look so cheerful. The plum and one of the peach trees has already blossomed. The birds are singing their hearts out. I mean singing as if they would absolutely burst if they didn't get it out!
The wheat is almost sinfully green and the pastures seem to get greener by the hour. Spring has come on with a vengence.......

This morning, at first light, as I was crossing between the ponds to get to the barn, the cardinals were already flinging themselves into song. I could hear turkeys gobbling off in the woods and just for a minute I was reminded of the old movie, "Song of the South".

Now I have that song stuck in my head!!

Zippity- A!

Obviously, I have got to get a new picture for the blog header. We certainly have lost all the blues around here!

2 comments:

  1. Hello, dear Mrs. Tana!!

    I just wanted to come over and tell you how incredibly excited and delighted I was to get your comment!!! It is so very good to hear from y'all.
    Hehe, I was so tickled to find your blog, I ended up going through all your archives in one night and having a blast reading your delightful and interesting (and hilarious!) posts and exclaiming over wonderful pictures. Please tell all your dear children hello for us! I have so many happy memories of times when we were all younger. There truly is a special joy when you get back in touch with old friends. Looking forward to more of your fabulous posts!! May God bless each of you.

    Love,

    Adeline Morton

    p.s. Your daffodils are charming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Sweetie! I have to confess that I have been doing the same thing on your blog!! LOL!!
      I cannot tell you how happy it has made me to see all the pictures and read the wonderful things that have been going on with your family. Tell your Mama that I was so overcome by that sweet picture of her on the beach that I cried!!!
      Our youngest, Adam, missed all the "Morton Years" and the older kids have had a great time telling him stories.
      Blessings from our clan to yours!!

      Delete