Shades of Ireland

Friday, September 21, 2012

Too Much to Think About.......


I am thinking that this girl, Katy, will become a permanent resident on our farm......pending the results of her CAE test. You may remember that she and Pearl, an Alpine doe, have spent most of the summer at our place. My friend was too ill from cancer and treatments to take care of them and the plan was for them to stay with us until she is better......... Now, it appears that they will never go home. I will be looking for a home for Pearl.

It has not been easy for us to milk these two or drive the long distance to deliver milk for my friend but we managed. My friend is an only child born to older parents. Her only daughter lives away. She is having to make arrangements and decisions that no person should have to....... It breaks my heart that she is basically alone. 

You never know what a day will bring.........

No comments:

Post a Comment