Shades of Ireland

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Winter Weekend

We are expecting 2-3 inches of snow for tomorrow afternoon. Salena will have to head south a little after lunch in order to miss driving in it.

Yesterday, Adam and I ended up putting out the large round bales of hay. We put out two of them and it about wore me out. The power steering pump has gone out in Ruby so I felt like I was wrestling for my life trying to back up to the bale. I had to stop and start over so many times that I could smell the hot clutch.

I put the Alpine buck in with the herd. Since it was supposed to get down to about 9 degrees, I was afraid that he would not be able to generate enough heat to keep from having frostbitten ears. All my does are bred and the yearling does are old enough and large enough to be bred if a romanitc moment should break out in the barn. Neil filled up their hay rack inside the barn so they could snack all night.

We rigged up a heat lamp for the bottle kids and let the remaining puppies into the garage.

My wonderful Seth is heading over to the barn to milk for me this morning and Neil is cooking breakfast.

Charlie cleanedup the kitchen for me last night and I believe I will be spending the day cooking ahead for the week---- so I can mess the kitchen back up!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tana,

    Thanks for the fun to read posts!

    I just wanted to stop by and let you know that I have selected you as a recipient of the "Versatile Blogger Award!" Stop by my post to accept your award :)

    Lisa
    http://littlehomesteadonthehill.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete