Shades of Ireland

Monday, February 6, 2012

More Bottles.....

Just when we are begining to recover from bottle feeding all of Lizzy's pups, I have taken on another baby project. Last summer at the county fair, we talked with one of the other 4-H families about helping them raise their extra meat goat kids. They had a large herd and just not enough time and energy to handle bottle feeding rejected or small triplet kids. Since I usually have waaaay too much milk, we worked out a deal.

Today was the day that six of them arrived.


I only had about a two hour notice that they were coming so their pen over at the barn is not any where near ready. Since it was such a nice sunny day, the boys and I quickly rigged up a temporary pen for them. If you look closely, you can see Elsa in the right corner checking them out....... I was just a little wary of her interest in them.....



I kept an eye on her and she was very happy to lay down nearby. She doesn't seem aggressive or as if they appear to be a snack to her but....... She is very much a canine and I won't tempt her too much......

No comments:

Post a Comment