Shades of Ireland

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Snow Tonight!

100% chance of 2-3 inches of snow tonight! Adam and I just got back from a last minute check at the barn. While we were there, I discovered new goat babies. One of the does that I took to the Boer buck blessed us with twin DOES! So far, I have 4 doe kids and ZERO bucks.

Bottle bablies are doing great. We all survived the single digit temperatures of the last two nights. The only casualty is the valve on the large tank that catches rain water from the barn roof. Just a slow leak for now but when it thaws, I am thinking we are going to have to do some major plumbing on that.

Neil and the kids worked the weaned calves today while I worked in the barn kitchen. We have decided since the price of calves is at an all time high, we are going to sell the ones that we don't absolutely LOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment