Shades of Ireland

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Missed Photo Op!!

A friend and I took our kids and headed to the apple orchard this morning. The owner is a dear friend who has patiently waited for me to get the fair out of the way and cattle sold before calling to tell me that I HAD to come soon or the apples would be too far gone.

This morning, we pressed about 11 gallons of juice. I brought home a couple of buckets of apples to make pie filling and sauce out of.  We also brought home all of the "mash" from the press to give to the chickens as a treat.

I forgot to take my camera!!

2 comments:

  1. I am fascinated by the fact that the apples would be too far gone shortly, and it only August 8. Are they always this early in your neck of the woods?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that they are about 2 weeks early this year.... maybe a little more. We usually do it just as kids are getting back into the swing of school. The apples were a bit small because of the drought but he said that he did not have much trouble with insect pests this year.....

    ReplyDelete