Shades of Ireland

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Just Stuff.....

I have not been very faithful to update my blog lately. I have lots of good excuses but I will just stick to the most recent one for this entry.

If you recall, I have been keeping two extra milk goats for most of this summer for a friend who has been battling cancer. She is losing the fight and her days left are few.....she is also pretty much alone... I have been helping out as best as I can. I sold the goats and some of her chickens....... actually, I bought one of the goats and a few of her chickens....sold what I didn't want or need.

This morning, Bev called me to tell me that she was in the hospital in a bigger city and probably would not ever be going home again. She told me that she was leaving all her critter stuff to me and another fellow who has been helping her. I told her that I would sell as much as I could as quick as I could to help her out. I told her that I loved her and was sorry that this was happening to her...... we both cried. I plan on getting to see her just as soon as I figure out where she is.

My sons and I went over to her place and began loading up things that might "walk off" since no one is at home. We will inventory things and start putting things on Craig's List in the morning. Time is short and so is her money. I want her to be able to have whatever she needs or wants in her last days.....

I hated being at her little homestead and loading up her things. I felt like a vulture circling ...... but it has to be done. She is resting better knowing that things are being taken care of, loose ends tied up. The neighbor is feeding her dog and cats.

I had to keep reminding myself that this was just stuff.... things that Bev would no longer want or need.

Just stuff......

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about your friend.
    And you're right. Stuff it just "stuff".

    ReplyDelete