Shades of Ireland

Friday, November 25, 2011

Black Friday shopping

There is no way that I am going into town before daylight or in the middle of the night to shop....... those days are long gone. We did decide about 9:30 am that we needed dog food and we would venture in to see if there was anything left. It was amazing. The parking lot at Walmart was nearly empty. Plenty of shopping carts and since I had not seen the sale ads, I have no idea what I missed. I was delighted to find a mp3 player for $20. I have a lovely hot pink Sony mp3 player loaded with my favorite songs...... somewhere! The boys rob my headphones to play their games on the computer and without the long cord and headphones attached, the little thing has slipped off in to some hidden place and I can't find it. I treated myself to this one and Salena loaded it with music for me. There are definitely things on here that are not my selection......

But best of all----- I bought a new camera! I have been trying to figure out how to use it.


Obviously, I am going to need a little practice........

As you are all probably aware by now, I absolutely love my Jersey milk cow, Holly. In my eyes, she is beautiful and so elegant. She is due to calve in about 3 weeks. I have her up in the special maternity pen. She gets full access to hay--- no rationing for my girl!

Here is what she looks like these days:

Remember what she looked like last December? She was an Ethiopian milk cow when we brought her home.

Just in case you are not impressed by her lush and very fertile figure, here is another view:

No comments:

Post a Comment