Shades of Ireland

Sunday, October 23, 2011

A little peace this morning

It is cool this morning and since Salena brought kids home with her for the weekend, I relented and turned up the thermostat. Usually, we shiver around until the warmth from the fireplace takes the chill off.

I knew this weekend was going to be action packed so I got busy and cooked ahead last Thursday. Roasts in the crockpot, breakfast casserole, banana bread and muffins and a big pot of chili. I had to take Mom back to Tulsa to catch a flight back to Georgia so I was gone most of the day yesterday. As soon as I got back, I had to make a run over to the Amish farms to dropoff some things that I had for them. My junk is their treasures according to Henry. Backin time to check on chores and milk Olga. One of the visiting boys wanted to learn to milk a goat and he did quite well at it. CJ also LOVES my homemade cheese so we took the fresh milk to the house and I started a batch for them to take back to school with them. As soon as they begin stirring around this morning, I'll start it draining.

As soon as itgets a bit more light outside, I am going to slip off and check cows and get in my morning power walk. At 8:30 we will head in to church. Our plans today are to work the newly weaned calves this afternoon to get them ready for the sale barn sometime in early November. Payday is coming! I also hope to drag my chicken house back over to the garden. The Speckled Sussex chicks are feathered out and getting too big for the brooder. They will get to live in the garden this winter. I am afraid that I am seeing lots of roosters in this batch......

I hear movement in the house..... sun is just peeking over the horizon. Time to go! Hope you all have a blessed day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment