Shades of Ireland

Monday, April 8, 2013

Flirting With Spring.....


It is still only early April here in blustery south east Kansas but we are having some wonderful teasing glimpses of spring time. The past 4-5 days have been very warm and breezy with a few rain showers thrown in. The storms of spring have already started with a small town north of us getting marble sized hail while we barely had a sprinkle of rain.

We have not lit a fire in the fireplace in about 5 days and the furnace hasn't kicked on in longer than that. It is supposed to drop back down into the thirties later this week and the weather forecasters have been warning us for the last two days that BIG storms are coming..... expecting rough weather beginning Tuesday afternoon. All part of life here.......

As you can imagine, all this good weather has stirred up my gardener soul! I am truly trying to restrain myself but even after nearly 15 years of trying to plant too early in the Midwest and having countless tender plants frosted out...... I still can't help myself and do it anyway.

I am just passing through here today and hopefully will get back soon with updated pictures. We have been wonderfully productive and blessed since I last posted. I am looking for just the right picture to replace the wintry scene in the header...... maybe something with the much appreciated MUD!  

1 comment:

  1. I turned the thermostat down to 55 over the weekend cuz we had the windows open, and I just realized I never turned it back up. I surely am enjoying the warmer weather we're having. I am having the opposite problem - I'd love to get some seeds outside but our ground is still frozen! My gardener's heart is getting itchy.

    Love the new header.

    ReplyDelete